Asus has been doing great in the gaming market from two to three years in India. There is a TUF Series for budget gamers. Today, we are doing an unboxing of a budget ROG Zephyrus laptop, that has named as ROG Zephyrus M GU502. This model is the most affordable gaming and professional model that you will see in this segment. We got our hands on this machine before the exact launch so, here are our first impressions of the ROG Zephyrus M GU502.
ROG Zephyrus M GU502 Unboxing:
Surely the box looks classic and compact though but soon you’ll see down below it is excellent. This box reminds me of the previous Zephyrus generation laptop.
It is reinforced by a magnesium alloy chassis which makes the ROG Zephyrus M GU502 looks quite similar to other ROG laptops, but the ROG logo glows it unique. It changes in different power situations. Also, the hinge is quite useful while handling the computer.
Also, you can have a look at the cables and charging brick that you get from the box.
ROG Zephyrus GU502 Specifications:
- Model: GU502GU
- Operating System: Windows 10 Home
- Processor, Chipset: Intel 9th Generation Core i7-9750H, Intel HM370 Chipset.
- Graphics GU：NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660Ti 6GB GDDR6 VRAM
- Optimus Memory: DDR4 2,666MHz SO-DIMM, Up to 32 GB (16 GB onboard memory)
- SSD: M.2 NVMe PCIE 3.0 512GB SSD with RAID 0 support (2x M.2 slots)
- Display: 15.6-inch Full HD (1920×1080) IPS-level panel, 144Hz, 3ms, 100% sRGB, Pantone Validated.
- VR Ready: Yes
- Keyboard: Backlit chiclet keyboard, N-key rollover, RGB lighting, Aura Sync, Hotkeys
- Audio: 2 x speakers with Smart AMP technology, ESS 9118 Saber HiFi DAC
- I/O Ports: 1 x USB3.1 Gen2 Type-C with DisplayPort 1.4 and PD charging.
1x RJ45 Gigabit Ethernet
1x USB3.1 Gen2 Type-A
2x USB3.1 Gen1 Type-A
1x HDMI 2.0b
- Audio Jack: Separate headphone and microphone jacks
- 1x Kensington Lock
- Battery: Built-in 76Wh rechargeable lithium-ion polymer battery.
- Wi-Fi / Bluetooth: Wi-Fi 5(802.11ac 2×2) Wave 2 WLAN, Bluetooth 5.0
- Dimension 360(W), 252(D), 18.9 mm(H)
- Weight 1.9kg
Must Read: Asus ROG Zephyrus M GU502 Review
The brick has a 100-240V input that is approx 50-60Hz 3.2A. The output you get is a 19.5V which is slightly higher than the predator in the same range.
On the right side of the laptop, there is a Kensington Lock, another exhaust vent, USB Type-C, and two USB 3.1 Type-A. Also, we’ve liked the idea of adding the exhaust vent on the right.
On the left side there is also an exhaust vent, and boom we were shocked earlier there are four vents in this machine, two on the back bottom, one on the left and one on the right. That’s just great. Also, this machine has a charging port, RJ-45, LAM port, HADMI, USB type-A port, and the 3.5mm jack for microphone and headphone, which is good for gaming communications though.
On the lid, you can see there are fingerprints even it is not a glass. This metal catches prints so quickly, but that’s okay we think for this kind of machine. The laptop surely looks professional, too if you use it without gaming features.
This ROG Zephyrus M GM502 has a 15.6Hz display with 144Hz refresh rate just like the previous Zephyrus devices which mean no change, but this is wider, slimmer and has better viewing angles. Also, there is no webcam available on this laptop.
The keyboard has a total of three partitions with the top that has a frille-like design. It’s an RGB backlit keyboard without the numpad, and the touchpad is just high. We liked the touchpad this time on a gaming laptop.
For the first impression, the Zephyrus M GU502 is a sound machine in a gaming environment as well as the professional environment. It has many features though that are still under testing. If you want to see the full review, then stay tuned to the website. We will be coming with the complete review of this laptop in a week.