Xiaomi has released its new UI, MIUI 10. If you want to Install the MIUI on your devices like Redmi Note 5 Pro and all, follow this article and make sure you subscribe to GearsToday.
MIUI 10 stable ROM will take some time till then there is beta builds to test out MIUI 10 features and stuff. What we know is MIUI 10 available for 4 devices right now, three of them are Xiaomi devices that are MI 5, Mi 6 and Mi Mix 2. The other one is a Redmi device that is a Redmi Note 5 Pro and we are sure 70% of people are having the Redmi Note 5 Pro and they want to install the MIUI on Redmi Note 5 Pro.
Download Install MIUI 10 On Mi5/ Mi 6/ Mi Mix 2/ Redmi Note 5 Pro:
Make sure that the beta build can cause few bugs and all, so if you are sure about flashing the ROM then only follow this guide.
You need a bootloader unlocked device then only you can process next. Also, install the ADB drivers in your pc. They are available officially on Internet.
1. So, the First is you need to download the TWRP custom recovery for your device. As per of your device download the recovery in ‘.img’ format from the links below.
- Download TWRP Custom Recovery for Mi 5
- Download TWRP Custom Recovery for Mi 6
- Download TWRP Custom Recovery for Mi Mix 2
- Download TWRP Custom Recovery for Redmi Note 5 Pro
2. After downloading the recovery, you need to download the MIUI 10 Beta ROM ZIP file for your device, save it in internal memory.
- Download MIUI 10 Beta ROM for Mi 5 (link)
- Download MIUI 10 Beta ROM for Mi 6 (link)
- Download MIUI 10 Beta ROM for Mi Mix 2 (link)
- Download MIUI 10 Beta ROM for Redmi Note 5 Pro (link)
3. Go to fastboot mode by doing; switch off your phone and then press and hold the Power button and the Volume Down key simultaneously. It will reboot the phone in Fastboot mode.
4. Connect your device to PC via CMD. and flash the TWRP recovery by the foloowing commands. Remember the locstion of the folder.
fastboot flash recovery location_of_TWRP_recovery.img
fastboot flash recovery C:/twrp.img
5. After that, run the following command to boot into the TWRP recovery:
fastboot boot location_of_TWRP_recovery.img
fastboot boot C:/twrp.img
6. Now you have a custom Recovery on your device, TWRP. Go to Wipe > Format Data, and then type ‘yes’ to proceed. After formatting your data, go to Reboot > Recovery.
7. Again opening the TWRP recovery, you need to wipe these. Go to Wipe > Advanced Wipe, and select Dalvik/ ART Cache, Cache, and System partitions. Then swipe to format these three partitions.
8. Now the file you have copied earlier is gone you have to copy again into internal memory. Copy it to phone and tap on Install and navigate to the MIUI 10 ROM file, then swipe right for flashing MIUI 10.
9. After the installation. tap on ‘Wipe Cache/Dalvik’. After that, just reboot your device.
10. And you are done here. MIUI 10 is now installed on your Mi/ Redmi device.
Explore new features and have fun:
It is a pretty basic process that every pther device has. You just need to be careful with the steps and make sure take backup of your data before doing this. MIUI 10 is based on Android Oreo and it is not good for daily driver. So, if you are a dev or want to use the lastest ROM then only install it and have fun.
Tell us, on which smartphone you are flashing your ROM? We have just flashed the MIUI 10 on Redmi Note 5 Pro for testing purposes. Comment Now! 🙂