Asus has announced a new series of laptops in India, today in this article we will talk about the Asus VivoBook 14 X412 Review. This is the laptop for youths or professionals who need to put up so much work in a single day on a single machine. This VivoBook X412 is the laptop for them. So, let’s check in this VivoBook 14 X412 Review if this is a good choice or not.
Design / VivoBook 14 X412: Colorful, Bold, Stylish, and Powerful
The VivoBook series may be positioned as an affordable all-rounder laptop in the ASUS range but it now offers premium features traditionally found on more expensive laptops. VivoBook 14 (X412) features the four-sided NanoEdge display with ultrathin bezels to provide users with an incredibly immersive viewing experience. This laptop also features the innovative ErgoLift hinge design that tilts the keyboard for a more comfortable
This new VivoBook series laptop is powered by up to an 8th Generation Intel Core i5 processor with specific graphics. It comes with MX230 GPU for advanced graphics work.
Features Of Asus VivoBook X412:
- VivoBook 14 and 15 feature the four-sided frameless NanoEdge display for an immersive 87% and 88% screen-to-body ratio.
- All new models feature the ErgoLift hinge design for a more comfortable typing experience.
- They are powered by up to an 8th Generation Intel Core i7-8565U processor.
- VivoBook 14 (X412) and VivoBook 15 feature up to NVIDIA GeForce MX130 graphics.
- VivoBook 14 and 15 have four striking color options — Transparent Silver, Slate Grey, Peacock Blue, and Coral Crush — that allow users to express themselves.
Amazing Display With NanoEdge Display:
It comes with four-sided frameless NanoEdge design which means ultra-thin bezels. This makes an incredibly-high screen-to-body ratio for an immersive viewing experience. It also features an FHD (1920 x 1080) IPS panel with 178° wide-view technology so it’s perfect when watching with friends, or viewing from extreme positions. Video is also greatly enhanced with ASUS Tru2Life Video technology. Through intelligent algorithms, it optimizes the sharpness and contrast of every pixel in every frame to produce vivid and realistic visuals. Asus VivoBook 14 (X412) has 5.7mm-thin side bezels for an amazing 87% screen-to-body ratio. It a hike of 77% from the previous model.
What’s ASUS ErgoLift hinge?
The precision-engineered ErgoLift hinge design has a silky-smooth dual action that securely holds the display steady at any angle, while slightly elevating the keyboard by up to 2° for a natural and comfortable typing position.
Asus VivoBook X412 Review: Specs
This laptop is powered by Intel Core i5-8265U as this is the latest offering by Intel in this segment. However, if you want i7 series you can adopt the option of VivoBook 15 in that case. It has a 14″ FHD display with enhanced features. It comes with 8GB RAM, and for memory, this VivoBook 14 offers Up to 512GB PCIe NVMe SSD. In case of GPU, you will see an NVIDIA GeForce MX230 inside this compact machine. For connectivity, it has 1 x USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-C, 1 x USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-A, 1 x USB 2.0 Type-A, 1 x 3.5mm audio combo jack, 1 x HDMI 1.4, 1 x MicroSD card reader.
VivoBook 14 also has an upgraded version of wireless tech, Up to 802.11ac 2×2 Wi-Fi
Bluetooth® 4.2. Also, to manage the battery power a 37Wh lithium-polymer battery (2-cells) is provided inside it.
Asus VivoBook 14 X412 Review Features:
- ASUS Splendid display technology: As with other ASUS laptops, the latest VivoBook laptops feature ASUS Splendid Technology, an exclusive display control software that optimizes the viewing experience through these features.
- Color gamut management: Produces accurate and lifelike colors by regulating color through new panel technology and system software. (Done automatically)
- Color temperature correction: Automatically adjusts images to present more accurate colors and avoids images with color temperature extremes. (Done automatically)
- Preset display modes: Users can any of the following display modes with a single click:
- Normal Mode: Fine-tunes and optimizes color gamut for viewing comfort. Suitable for daily computing.
- Vivid Mode: Enhances the color and contrast of images to deliver livelier visuals. Tailored for landscapes and the scenery in movies, photos, and more.
VivoBook 14 also has this Improved cooling: The New Vivobook laptops also improves upon the cooling aspect. Unlike normal laptop cooling design where the heat pipes carry heat to the heat sink and the fan cools the heat pipe, the cooling design of the new Vivobook laptops is much different and at the same time quieter.
The laptop uses a blower style design where the fan takes in the air and circulates it around the motherboard cooling CPU and GPU with ease. This is done with the help of air channels built into the chassis.
Comfortable backlit keyboard:
The new VivoBook laptops have ergonomically-designed full-size keyboards. It
features one-piece construction with 1.4mm key travel (1.3mm for VivoBook 14) for comfortable keystrokes. In addition, the ErgoLift hinge automatically tilts the keyboard for a more natural typing position. Typing in the dark is no problem thanks to backlit keys.
Also for media fans, it has a little average sound. Two grilles on the underside pump out enough sound, but the result is a tinny and lacking in bass tones. Overall, the VivoBook 14 X412 isn’t a great choice of laptop for media fans.
Asus VivoBook 14 X412 Price:
The VivoBook 14 X412 will cost you Rs 33,990 as the base price. Now, if you see Asus is providing so many features in this budget. You can definitely get one of these in this price segments. Also, you may see offers in the future soon.
If there is any query regarding this laptop, let us know in the comments section below.
Does i5 version have ips display? I
[…] Asus VivoBook 14 X412 Review – Compact Yet Classy Laptop […]
That cooling system is utter garbage actually, I have an X512 which has something similar. It really is unable to cool the CPUs ASUS decided to put into these machines, in fact other models that have a GPU also have a much more conventional cooling system.