As we know Apple is quite powerful in terms of optimizations and enhancements. This is our take on Apple A14 Bionic VS Snapdragon 875 Chipset. Snapdragon has not unveiled the 875 chipsets yet but after the Snapdragon 865 Plus they will be sharing a little upgrade to its predecessor very soon.
In other words, Qualcomm is about to introduce the Snapdragon 875 next month against the Apple A14 Bionic chipset. Snapdragon 875 will be coming with a more powerful modem to hold 5G which is an X60 modem. But Apple has launched its A14 bionic chipset with iPad Air 4 and iPhone 12 series recently.
We will be sharing our research analysis on Apple A14 Bionic vs Snapdragon 875 comparison with you. The new iPhones come with the new improved processor chip. Apple’s A14 Bionic chipset world’s fastest mobile chip right now. The only reason of discussing this topic is we also want to know how Snapdragon is going to reach on A14 bionic.
The A14 Bionic is more likely equipped with the AI engine and advanced neural engine inside it. iPhone 12 has this chip inside it. On the other hand, the Snapdragon 875 is going to be available in Poco F3 Pro, OnePlus 9, OnePlus 9 Pro, Oppo Find X3 and so on.
Apple A14 Bionic VS Snapdragon 875 Specs Comparison:
|Apple A14 Bionic||Snapdragon 875|
|CPU||Dual-cluster Hexa-core (2x Lightning cores Up to 3.1 GHz4x Thunder efficiency cores)
CPU Architecture: 64-bit
CPU Clock Speed: Up to 3.1 GHz
CPU Cores: Qualcomm Kryo 685 CPU
CPU Architecture: 64-bit
|GPU||Apple-designed new 4-core GPU||Adreno 660, 900MHz|
|Process||5nm TSMC||5nm EUV|
|NPU||16-core Neural Engine||Qualcomm Hexagon 698|
|Modem||5G / LTE||5G Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon™ X60 Modem-RF System
5G Spectrum: Dynamic Spectrum Sharing (DSS), mmWave, sub-6 GHz
5G mm-Wave specs: 800 MHz bandwidth, 8 carriers, 2×2 MIMO
5G sub-6 GHz specs: 200 MHz bandwidth, 4×4 MIMO
5G Peak Download Speed: 7.5 Gbps
Multi-SIM features: Global 5G multi-SIM
5G Peak Upload Speed: 3 Gbps
|ISP||Apple-designed ISP||Spectra 480 dual-core ISP|
Apple A14 Bionic vs Snapdragon 875 Specification sheet is packed with top-notch hardware. Apple A14 Bionic CPU is two 3.1 GHz high-Performance Core and Four 1.8 GHz for low-performance core and Snapdragon 875 CPU is 1x 3.1 GHz, 3x 2.4GHz, and 4x 1.8GHz (Cortex-A55). For GPU, A14 Bionic has Apple Custom quad-core and Snapdragon 875 has Adreno 660.
Apple A14 Bionic features:
- The A14 Bionic is built on a 5nm processor and has Hexa-CPU cores, 4-GPU cores, and a 16-core neural engine.
- The A14 Bionic has 11.8 billion transistors.
- The CPU’s six cores are broken into four high-efficiency cores and two high-performance cores. Apple claimed the offering’s 40% faster than the previous generation and that graphics, via four cores, are 30% faster.
- Apple’s neural engine has now 16 cores for 11 trillion operations per second.
- A14 Bionic supports new WIFI 6 and updated technologies.
Snapdragon 875 Features:
- The GPU in Snapdragon 875 will be Adreno 660 which is used in Enhancing Gaming and GPU Performance.
- Snapdragon 875 will get a new Kryo 685 CPU. It will be based on the latest Arm v8 Cortex tech.
- Because of the latest Cortex-X1 and Cortex-A78 cores performance in the Snapdragon 875 will get a huge uplift To work better faster.
- Qualcomm is working on the 100w charging. Smartphone makers are working on 120w, 144w charging standards. and to support this change processor needs to get an upgrade.
- The modem for Snapdragon will be X60 with 5nm fabrication for great power efficiency.
Hardware and Performance: A14 Bionic vs Snapdragon 875
A14 Bionic chip uses the new 5nm EUV fabrication from TSMC. This new fabrication provides 80% more logic density however, Snapdragon 875 uses a similar TSMC 5nm process. Recently on a new update about Qualcomm, we got to know they have ordered the fabrication from Samsung. So, According to the sources, Snapdragon 875 will be based on the Samsung 5nm EUV process But it’s not properly assured.
Apple A14 Bionic vs Snapdragon 875 Benchmark Scores
Qualcomm Snapdragon 875 scores a whopping 743894 points in AnTuTu v8 whereas Apple A14 scores lower than this that’s 680174. Whereas Qualcomm Snapdragon 875 Geekbench score is 3350 points for single-core and 13215 points for multi-core. On the other hand, Apple A14 Bionic chipset Geekbench Score For Single Core is 1658 and for Multicore Score is 4612.
In different case scenarios, A14 VS 875 Benchmark Scores:
Based on multiples tests on the AnTuTu benchmark app, Apple A14 Bionic has a Geekbench score of 1,658 in single-core and on multi-core, its 3,930 scores. However, for Snapdragon 875 has a Geekbench score of single-core points is 4,759 on multi-core points is 14,915.
A14 Bionic VS Snapdragon 875 Comparison Results:
Based on current cases, we have seen that both of the chipset Apple A14 bionic and the Snapdragon 865 chipset scores almost the same in all manners. Now the main thing is how Android goes with Snapdragon 875. But so far that’s it for the A14 Bionic VS Snapdragon 875, we will be updating this comparison as soon as we get updated info from Qualcomm for Snapdragon 875.