Recently, Apple has announced the iPhone 11 lineup with the new improved processor chip. Apple A13 Bionic is the world’s fastest chip right now If you ask us. Also, Snapdragon is the best processor chip provider with its own algorithms and compatibility with Android smartphones. So, we thought of making a comparison with the Apple A13 Bionic Vs Snapdragon 855 Plus. The A13 Bionic is more likely equipped with the AI engine and advanced neural engine inside it. iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro and iPhone 11 Pro Max has this chip inside them. On the other hand, the Snapdragon 855 Plus is there in the ASUS’s ROG Phone 2.
Apple A13 Bionic VS Snapdragon 855 Plus Specs Comparison:
|Apple A13 Bionic
|Snapdragon 855 Plus
|Dual-cluster hexa-core (2x Lightning cores @2.66 GHz
4x Thunder efficiency cores)
|Tri-cluster octa-core (1x Kryo 485 @2.96 GHz
3x Kryo 485 @2.42 GHz
4x Kryo 485 @1.78 GHz)
|Adreno 640, 700MHz
|octa-core Neural Engine
|Qualcomm Hexagon 690
|Snapdragon X50 external 5G
D/L speed 2 Gbps
U/L speed 316 Mbps
|– 3,96,813 points (v7)
– 4,97,179 point (v8)
|Spectra 380 dual-core ISP
Apple A13 Bionic Features:
- A13 Bionic has 8.5 billion transistors.
- It used an advanced, second-generation 7nm process for more efficiency.
- A13 Bionic features 4-efficiency CPU cores which means a great battery life.
- It also has approx hundreds of voltage domains so that it can be having selective parts for the great efficiency.
- It is the most efficient chip today as of it is better than A12.
- A13 Bionic has 20% faster performance in terms of CPU and GPU than the A12 Chip.
- It is a machine learning chip with the capability f 1 trillion operations per second.
Snapdragon 855 Plus Features:
- Inside the Snapdragon 855 Plus, the Qualcomm Kryo 485, CPU Prime now runs at up to 2.96GHz.
- Qualcomm Adreno 640 GPU offers a 15% increase over the Snapdragon 855.
- Snapdragon 855 Plus will raise the bar for elite gamers with the increase in CPU and GPU performance and elevate experiences for 5G, gaming, AI and XR.
- Snapdragon 855 Plus features the Snapdragon X24 LTE 4G modem.
- It pairs with the X50 5G modem to support 5G connectivity.
Hardware And Performance: A13 Bionic VS 855 Plus
Apple A13 Bionic is manufactured on hexa-core CPU. It has two powerful Lightning cores pointing at 2.66GHz including the four efficiency cores called Thunder. In comparison, Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 Plus has a tri-cluster CPU but with a different kind of architecture in production. It has a custom Kryo 485 (Cortex-A76) cores with one powerful cluster clocked at 2.96 GHz, other three (A76) arrive with 2.42 GHz clock speed, and 4x power efficient Kryo 485 (A55) cores remain at 1.78 GHz.
Also in architecture manufacturing, Apple A13 uses the second generation TSMS 7nm+ node where Snapdragon 855+ plus is manufactured on the first generation TSMS 7nm process. Now, if you look at the GPU, the Apple A13 sticks to the own-designed quad-core GPU as we have seen on A12.
Yes on the specs sheet the snapdragon 855 plus should perform better than the A13 Bionic chip. But in the real world, it is not nearby A13 bionic chip which is pretty obvious, Apple’s optimizations. That’s why Apple A13 Bionic is the winner among the Snapdragon 855 Plus and others.
Recommended Read: Midrange Chipset Comparisons!
Benchmark Scores: Apple A13 Bionic VS Snapdragon 855 Plus
Officially the Apple A13 Bionic chip is around 50% better than the Snapdragon 855 chipset and around 35% better than the Snapdragon 855 Plus chipset. As per Geekbech scores, Apple A13 Bionic wins the single and multi scores too.
The Apple A13 Bionic chipset scores 5,472 points in single-core and 13,769 points in multi-core results on Geekbench. Where the Snapdragon 855+ comes with 3,623 points in single-core and 11,365 points in multi-core.
Overall, Apple A13 takes lead on the all other tested SoCs, and significantly beats in the single-core results and multi-core both. It is interesting to see, Apple A12 beats Snapdragon 855+ with a huge margin in the single-core results and A13 even is superior to A12. All in all, Apple A13 is the best scoring chip on any smartphone of 2019 flagships.
However, the Snapdragon 855+ scores nearly 4,00,000 points in Antutu v7 benchmark test. In comparison, Apple A13 Bionic shows itself better than Snapdragon 855 Plus in the latest test with 4,62,098 points. This test is based on Antutu v7 Benchmarks.
Apple A13 Bionic Vs Snapdragon 855 Plus Results:
Yes, the Apple A13 Bionic is better than the Snapdragon 855 Plus but it is based on iOS and 855+ is based with Androids. This war goes on, let’s see if Huawei Kirin can jump into this competition later on. Also, we are waiting for Google to launch more optimizations in Android 10 globally so that Snapdragon can perform better. That’s it for the A13 VS 855+ Comparison.Follow On Google News Now