Today in this article, we are going to discuss the famous mid-range processors Exynos 9611 and Snapdragon 765G. This makes it a Snapdragon 765G VS Exynos 9611 comparison. As we know Exynos 9611 processor comes in Samsung mobiles and Snapdragon 765g processor is available for various devices like Oneplus, Realme, LG, Google Pixel, and, most famous brands in the world. Exynos 9611 has been a great midrange processor by Samsung. Whereas Snapdragon 765G has been recently used by Realme X50, OnePlus Nord devices.
The arrival of many new processors always raises a series of questions about whether it will represent a considerable change with respect to what is in the market. On this occasion, Qualcomm has released its Snapdragon 765, 765G, and 865. While the latter is the most powerful, the 765G is presented as a candidate to be one of the best processors for the mid-range of 2020 especially ones with the gaming theme. We will see in this Snapdragon 765G vs Exynos 9610 comparison that small news makes big differences.
We have compared these two 8-core processors Samsung Exynos 9611 which comes with Mali-G72 MP3 graphics and Qualcomm Snapdragon 765G with Adreno 620. Down below you will find the pros and cons of each processor, technical specs, and benchmarks like AnTuTu and Geekbench.
Snapdragon 765G vs Exynos 9611 Specs Comparison:
|Specifications||Exynos 9611||Snapdragon 765 ~ 765G|
|CPU||4x 2.3 GHz – Cortex-A73
4x 1.7 GHz – Cortex-A53
|1x Prime @ 2.3GHz (Cortex-A76)
1x Performance @ 2.2GHz (Cortex-A76)
6x Efficiency @ 1.8GHz (Cortex-A55)
|GPU||Mali-G72 MP3||Adreno 620|
|DSP||No||Hexagon 696 with Tensor Accelerator
(5.5 TOPS performance)
|Process||10 nanometers||7nm FinFET|
|Max Display||2560 x 1600||QHD+ @ 60 Hz, FHD+ @ 120Hz (765G only)
|Camera support||1x 64MP, 2x 16MP||Spectra 355, dual 14-bit CV-ISP36MP single / 22MP dual with Zero Shutter Lag
|Video capture||4K at 120FPS||up to 4K UHD @ 60fps, 720p @ 480fps|
Quick Charge AI
|Quick Charge 4+
Quick Charge AI
aptX Adaptive audio
|Modem||–||Snapdragon X52 5G (integrated)
3700 Mbps down
1600 Mbps upDynamic Spectrum Sharing, sub-6GHz, mmWave
Snapdragon 765G Features PROS:
- Quick Charge AI Technology is designed to extend battery life cycles up to 200 days.
- Always-on echo cancellation and noise suppression.
- AI and CV-ISP create a camera that is smarter, quicker and delivers 4x power savings when compared with a standard ISP.
- Select Snapdragon Elite Gaming features including:
Qualcomm Game Jank Reducer v2.0
Qualcomm Game Fast Loader
Qualcomm Game Network Latency Manager
- Supports Dolby Vision video playback
- Up to 5.5 TOPS AI performance
Exynos 9611 VS Snapdragon 765G CPU Comparison:
|Architecture||4x 2.3 GHz – Cortex-A73
4x 1.7 GHz – Cortex-A53
|1x 2.4 GHz – Kryo 475 Prime (Cortex-A76)
1x 2.2 GHz – Kryo 475 Gold (Cortex-A76)
6x 1.8 GHz – Kryo 475 Silver (Cortex-A55)
|Frequency||2300 MHz||2400 MHz|
|Process||10 nanometers||7 nanometers|
|Transistor count||3 billion||–|
Exynos 9611 Features PROS:
- Exynos 9611 processor comes with an LTE modem connectivity solution.
- The Samsung Exynos 9611 is a mid-range processor for Android based smartphones and tablets.
- It integrates 8 processor cores.
- Four ARM Cortex A73 cores up to 2.3 GHz for demanding tasks and four ARM Cortex A53 at up to 1.7 GHz for power efficiency.
- Exynos 9611 comes with 64-bit Octa processor which enables seamless multitasking.
- the chip incorporates an LTE modem supporting Cat 12 work at 600Mbps download and Cat 13 150 Mbps upload efficiency.
- Enveloped With Bluetooth 5.0 and a 24 MP ISP.
- THE Maximum Memory size of Exynos 9611 is 8GB.
- Video works on the strand of 4K UHD 120fps encoding and decoding with HEVC(h.265) AND h.264, And decoding with VP9.
- Single-camera with 24MP (Up to 64MP) Dual camera 16+16MP.
Exynos 9611 VS Snapdragon 765G Graphics Comparison:
|GPU name||Mali-G72 MP3||Adreno 620|
|GPU frequency||850 MHz||750 MHz|
|Number of ALUs||–||192|
Exynos 9611 VS Snapdragon 765G AnTuTu Benchmarks:
Snapdragon 765g has a more benchmark score than Exynos 9611 as you can see in the graph image above. Well, it’s all based on the multiples tests on the benchmark app on the representative devices. Also, the CPU score for Snapdragon 765G is 308503 and on the Exynos 9611 score is 179049.
Also based on the CPU and GPU performance Snapdragon 765G has better performance than Exynos and also Snapdragon 765G has a better chip score of 56 compared to Exynos 9611 with 38 scores.
Major Differences Between Snapdragon 765G VS Exynos 9611
- Higher GPU frequency (~13%)
- Snapdragon processors are more compatible with gaming as compare to Exynos processors.
- Better performance in SD 765G up to 74% as per AnTuTu 8 score – 319K vs 183K
- The smaller size of the transistor that is 7nm
- Better instruction set architecture
Snapdragon 765G VS Exynos 9611 Conclusion:
Final thoughts are, as both processors are of the same budget. It is your choice to go with which processor do you like and what exactly do you need. but overall, Snapdragon 765G is quite a better processor than the Exynos 9611.