Xiaomi stock price is the thing that you should checkup to invest in this year. If you believe Xiaomi will continue to take market share in the smartphone arena or prefer their laptop/tablet business. Qualcomm, Intel, Nvidia, or even a more obscure name like MediaTek are a few names that jump out.
- In 2017 Xiaomi was valued at approx $14 billion.
- The Beijing-based company has picked up momentum to challenge phone competitor Huawei in its home market.
- It’s recently expanded beyond handsets, announcing an AI partnership with internet search giant Baidu and rivalling Amazon’s Echo with an in-home smart speaker.
In preparation for the time when you can purchase shares of Xiaomi stock price. You should open an account with an online stock broker. Few of the brokers choose from but TD Ameritrade offers low $6.95 per trade fees. It gets excellent reviews from financial publications year after year.
There are no deposit minimums, and so for investors of any level, TD Ameritrade is an excellent choice for a broker, and it is the one I use for the portfolio on the front page of this website. Whatever broker you decide on, it is essential to get everything approved, set up and put money in your account so that you are ready to buy Xiaomi stock price on that first IPO day.
There are many expert investors are wondering why Xiaomi stock price is still private? It is one of the biggest smartphone makers over the globe now. This article has the knowledge of, how to invest in private companies like Xiaomi if they are not public globally.
How to Invest in private companies?
In the mainstream steam, the investors can not invest in a private company. Only bigger firms or capital ventures can participate in funding rounds of the company valuation. Xiaomi has top investors like Morningside Group, IDG Capital Partners and Qiming Venture Partners which are quite off-limits to mainstream investors.
Even though, Lei called 2016 an ‘exceptional’ year and listed the achievements of the nearly seven-year-old start-up:
- Xiaomi has innovated the hardware on its flagship Mi 5/Mi6 smartphone. They also applied for over 16,000 patents globally, of which 3,612 have been granted.
- The company has opened 54 Mi Home retail stores to-date, three of which have passed 100 million yuan in gross merchandising volume, a key retail metric.
- Xiaomi said it aims to open 200 more Mi Home stores in 2017, and a total of 1,000 over the next three years.
- Xiaomi’s India business surpassed $1 billion in annual revenue for the first time. As it looks to expand into markets beyond China.
- It’s other products including smart TVs and smart routers crossed 15 billion yuan in sales in 2016.
If you want to invest in a private company, you can actually buy the stocks from the third party bigger investor company. Example, In Xiaomi stock price you can buy them with the help of Qualcomm. It’s still a difficult thing to get into the loop but this is the only possible way as of now.
As per of SEC regulations, you can qualify as the accredited investor if you have the annual income of $200,000 or a joint income of $300,000 or a net worth of $1 million. This particular status allows you to buy the shares of private companies through exchange companies like NASDAQ’s or SharesPost. You have to pay a minor amount of fees to the second market companies.
Invest in Xiaomi stock price is quite risky. Some private companies are not obligated to release the annual reports. There is no trusty way to track the value of shares. You can also buy the Xiaomi stock price at an inflated price. The risk is the company might never go.
Will Xiaomi Stock Price Go Public?
Keep an eye on the Xiaomi’s IPO and wait for the news. There is no guarantee that you’ll get any of the Xiaomi’s share especially if you are a low-end investor or just a starter. If you can’t buy the IPO shares then you have to wait till the stock go to open market.
According to Lie Jun, CEO of Xiaomi, he believes that it will take at least 15 years to go public. As Xiaomi has gained a lot in 2016-2017. There are chances that Xiaomi stock price might go public in 2018 to invest for every investor.